-
January 13th, 2006, 08:21 PM
#11
Inactive Member
Liberty used to be made by Gotz. They also had another doll named Jubilee.
When they stopped with Gotz, they quit making Jubilee and started making Evangeline instead. And of course Liberty's looks were changed.
I do not like the new dolls at all. I much preferred the old Gotz Liberty and Jubilee. I hope someday to find one on Ebay though I doubt I ever will. The old Liberty looked like me and the new Liberty doesn't. But ebsides that, the old dolls were just so much prettier and were nicer-made looking.
I wish I had bought them before. :-(
-
January 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM
#12
Inactive Member
What did Jubilee look like? I remember the dolls from the beginning, but not in detail.
I believe these are all named after the dd's of the founder of Vision Forum.
-
January 13th, 2006, 11:31 PM
#13
Inactive Member
Yup, the dolls are named after Doug and Beall's daughters. Evangeline's full name is Faith Evangline and she's a cutie pie! I want the Maria dresses so very badly... And Jubilee was Gotz Precious Day Emily.
These new dolls are VERY sturdy! The Phillips girls are not always gentle in their doll play and they have yet to break one. Every toy sold by Vision Forum has to have the kids' stamp of approval first, from all 7 kids!
They also switched manufacturers because Gotz changed Liberty's hairstyle and her dress without VF's permission. Doug was not happy.
I can highly recommend everything that the Vision Forum puts out. My family has known the Phillips family for years.
-
January 14th, 2006, 02:53 AM
#14
Inactive Member
Thank you for the insightful information. So how do they handle having one of their girls "discontinued"? Do they plan to bring her back? I take it this item sells well for them and they will continue with it. I wish they still had the historical outfits for girls. I find it so frustrating that both AG and Vision Forum discontinued them before my dd was ready for them.
Still debating on the doll. They are a wonderful deal this month . . . . .
-
January 14th, 2006, 04:52 AM
#15
Inactive Member
I love the Patriot dress and book set too. I am sorely tempted to order the outfit set. That is a really great deal. I would also like to get dd the books to go with them. At one time, they also had "dress like your doll" outfits and dd has the Nan Harper outfit we found used.
We do NOT need another doll - I am trying to stick to just our AG collecting for right now, but I really do think their dolls are sweet so I am tempted.
I believe the sale goes thru the 31st.
-
January 14th, 2006, 06:38 PM
#16
Inactive Member
Yes, the dolls do sell well for VF. I honestly don't know if they ever plan to bring Jubilee back. We haven't seen them since before the Gotz mess happened.
I get paid on Monday, I believe I'll be getting the Maria outfits!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks